Thursday, August 10, 2006

Photos in Hanoi

Hoan KiemWe’re in Hanoi and we’re leaving tonight to do Fan Si Pan; at 3,150 meters, it is the highest mountain Viet Nam. It’s a funny name, Mount Fancypants. It’s located in North Viet Nam and it’ll take us through Sapa, a very popular place that many say is a must to visit. Should be interesting. We’ll be there for three days, and then we’ll return to Hanoi to catch a flight to Cambodia. Finally, I have a chance to upload some photos. Unfortunately I don’t have the connector to my mp3 player (my photo storage device) so I can only upload the ones that I’ve taken this morning, in Hanoi.

Correction, it looks like I can only upload one for now. These one is taken at Hoan Kiem Lake. Legend has it that a sword was given to Le Loi, emperor of Viet Nam I can’t remember at what year, but guessing I think it was 1045, with which he successfully fouth off invaders, the Chinese I believe. He believed that god gave it to him and when he came across this lake, a golden tortuise surfaced and took the sword from him. He believed it was god taking his sword back and called the lake “Lake of Restored Sword” or “Hoan Kiem”. The red bridge leads to a temple called Ngoc Son Temple.

Anyway, that’s all for now. I think I’ve taken 1500 photos so far. I’m not sure that this information in this post is totally accurate, but no time to check now. Maybe later. :)

No comments: