Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Second day in the Mekong Delta

Today was quite fun. The boats you see to the left are the ones we used to get through the floating market. Unfortunately we got there just as it was slowing down, and didn't get to see it for what it really is. Still it was fun and I've got a number of photos from it that I'll save for when I come back.

The people that shared this tour with me were great. There were a lot of Italians and Germans on this one and it's fun to share stories from people from different countries. I've given a few of them my website and a link to the Calgary Outdoor Club, should they ever want to visit Calgary and go for a hike.

The city that we were staying in had a lot of different food to offer. I mentioned in my last post that I tried snake, so here's a photo of me playing with my food. I also tried eel for lunch today, I can't say I liked it, it was pretty plain. I wanted frog legs, but they would only serve the whole frog and I didn't feel up for that. With one day to go, maybe I'll save frog legs for another trip. :)

Listening to other people's stories of their trip through Viet Nam, I think we've been pretty lucky, with the timing and the weather, to see all that we saw. We've been going at it at a pretty quick pace and taking lots of photos along the way. I think I'm close to, if not over 3,000 photos. I really hope my mp3 player doesn't break, that's where they're all stored.

It's hard to believe that it's all coming to an end; it's been so fun. I've been thinking of what other countries I can visit next. We've made some friends along the way here and maybe I'll go visit them. Maybe that's something to think about later.

Tomorrow is my last day in Viet Nam. I'm back in Ho Chi Minh City and I'm thinking I'll go around the city, maybe visit the market and take some more photos. I also have a whole bunch of Dong (Vietnamese currency) in my wallet and I'd like to use it up before we leave. If anyone wants anything, now is your last chance. If you'd like something send me an email or put your request in the comments below. Otherwise I'll be spending a whole lot money on myself, and that would just be terrible. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Marko! Looks like you're having a blast out there! Gorgeous pics too; you better be taking a lot! The experience you're having out there is definitely a unique one. It's late here and should be heading to bed, so off I run. I'm looking forward to your next posts!